|Yorkey's Knob clubhouse|
Other jobs done include:
- stripping back, priming and antifouling the Aries vane gear's water vane;
- fitted rubber pads to the Aries vane gear swinging arm (to soften the impact when it hits the stops);
- refitted the autopilot pin on the tiller and installed a spare nearby;
- fixed an engine fuel leak (several loose bolts);
- rerouted the boom vang line to eliminate chafe;
- rearranged the boombag attachment lines and the lazyjacks;
- refueled the main diesel tanks (we used 80litres in 2 months) and filled the spare jerry cans;
- restocked with perishable food; and
- cleaned and tested the "shower" (a garden spray bottle with hose and shower head attached).
We'll keep posting blogs and position reports so long as HF radio propagation allows. Photos will have to wait until we reach Darwin.