One decision we've made recently is to join the SE Asia cruising events next year. These depart Darwin in July and we plan to go through Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, arriving in December 2012. After that we'll resume Plan A (South Africa).
- Fitted an all-chain anchor rode
- Fitted a boom tent and foredeck awning from The Canopy Man
- Removed the old cabin headliner, found replacement material (Laminex Aquapanel) and sanded, epoxied and varnished the teak battens which mount the headliner
- Fitted new Spinlock deck organisers, Spinlock clutches and Andersen winches
- Fitted permanent inner forestay with ProFurl furler
|New Andersen halyard winch|
|New Andersen sheet winch|
Still plenty to do!
The best investment we've made since arriving is the purchase of a $50 second-hand air-conditioner. Life was much more comfortable after we got that running. With the "build up" to the wet season well underway the aircon will keep us cool and help keep the boat free of mould.
Another investment which is working out well is the Coppershield anti foul (known as Coppercoat outside Australia) we applied in Sydney early this year. We're getting very little fouling in the marina, and since Coppershield is non-ablating we can go for a swim and simply wipe off any minor growth.
It's been fun meeting other Western Australian yachts here. Mike and Jan from Fully Involved passed through recently, having sailed their lovely yacht from the US this season. Dan and Elise from Babar are also here. Both are from Hillarys Yacht Club.