We're now back at anchor in Fannie Bay, Darwin. We refuelled, rewatered and hosed-down at the Cullen Bay jetty on Tuesday and then returned to our normal anchorage at Fannie Bay. We now have 220 litres of diesel aboard - sufficient for 150 hours running nominally, 100 worst case.
We've had a pleasant few days relaxing and gradually ticking off a few to-dos...
- Visited Customs to collect our outward immigration cards and other documents
- Visited the Roma Bar for great coffee and free wifi (we download podcasts, s/w updates etc)
- Installed two 20litre buckets as holders for the 100m stern anchor / drogue warp
- Built and installed a pushpit-mounted bracket for the stern/kedge anchor
- Experimented with HF radio and modem settings to optimise performance
- Identified the source of an annoying water leak in the engine (my fault - inadequately tightened hose clamp on new hose)
- Messed around with our excellent new 1600 lumen, CREE LPX-518 torches.
|Stern anchor mount|
|Zen Again and Mojo at Fannie Bay|