Can't believe this is our third day at DI already. We've been busy working on boat-jobs with only a little time-out to explore. Here's what we've been up to...
- Cleared the bilges of the three cockpit lockers - non trivial since they're large and fully loaded!
- Dried and cleaned anything which got wet in the cockpit lockers - rags, hoses, ropes etc etc
- Constructed a new jiggler hose for transferring fuel (old one's hose was too wide and didn't work well)
- Transferred 80 litres of fresh water from jerry cans to main tanks
- Transferred 60 litres of diesel from jerry cans to main tanks
- Installed HF power meter in the navstation (to assist debugging our tuning problem)
- Polished s/s fittings on deck
- Cleaned below-decks
- Extracted selected food stores from under cabin sole boards to replace food consumed
- Major resort and stow of food supplies
Zen Again anchored at DI
- Walked some of the tracks on DI, learning a lot of its history thanks to the useful placards around the island
- Visited the SE point of DI to view "the rip" where we'll snorkel in a day or two
- Located the famous "telephone box" which we may try out tomorrow
- Had a very refreshing swim from the beach
- Had an excellent BBQ lunch ashore with the Vulcan Spirits followed by more walking around the island
- Had a pleasant swim from the boat - the hull is very clean still
The most widespread fauna on DI are the crabs. They are everywhere!