Another busy four days. Great progress with painting cockpit lockers, installing gas system, and registering as a WA boat...
Note the gas cylinder is now inboard since we expect to do some racing
- Applied second undercoat in the lazarette
- Applied first undercoat in the main cockpit locker
- DHL tracking shows our new shaft seal has moved from Miami to Cincinnati
Sunday (at home):
- Applied two undercoats to one side of the five boards which live in the two lockers
- DHL tracking shows the seal is in Hong Kong
- Applied first topcoat in the main cockpit locker
- Applied part of first topcoat in the lazarette
- Applied first undercoat to the other side of the boards
- Checked on mainsail service at Extreme Sails
- Purchased the last new hose needed to replace the very old, brittle hoses in the lazarette
- DHL tracking shows the seal is in Perth
- Full On Gas fitted our new gas system
- Applied our WA registration number and this year's rego sticker
- AusPost tries to deliver the seal - missed it but can collect tomorrow
We were lucky with the weather for the painting until today when a cold front crossed the coast and made painting impractical. We got enough of the painting done for the gas system tubing to sit nicely on top of new paint through the two lockers.
As mentioned previously, SailForce installed new knuckles last week. Here they are...
|Refitted gooseneck bracket with new knuckle.|
Note the two "ring" fairleads for the reffing tack lines.
|Refitted vang bracket with new knuckle|