Today we took care of the final set of jobs preparing the boat for the passage across the Java Sea towards Bali. These included:
- Topping up the main fuel tanks and refilling the emptied jerry cans;
- Fitting sound insulation panels to the front, side and rear access panels to the engine;
- Downloading detailed GRIB files for next week or so;
- Setting up our PredictWind Satellite Communicator to email us routing recommendations;
- Fitting the Aries wind gear water vane; and
- Hacking off yet more barnacles.
The last item was terminated at the now time-honoured milestone of my becoming sufficiently tired to let one of the barnacles draw blood. After stemming the slightly spectacular blood flow and applying antiseptic I went for a swim in the resort pool which was very refreshing.
Robert and I had lunch at the resort - a three course meal with one free drink for S$13. Excellent value. It's a nice day here at Nongsa with very little cloud and a reassuring wind which lasts all day and night but is strongest in the afternoon and evening. Enjoying a lazy afternoon with the to-do list empty of priority items.
|Zen Again at Nongsa Point|
Trust all's well where you are.