Sunday 16 March 2014

Bali Marina Day 4

Hi everyone,
Today was my final day here, so it was spent sorting out the boat for its stay here for the next month or two:

  • Finished cleaning and drying the cushions and upholstery
  • Polishing stainless steel
  • Rigging backup mooring lines
  • Opening all lockers in the cabin and head so air can circulate
  • Lifting all cushions off their bases so air can circulate
  • Spraying dilute oil of cloves over anything liable to become mouldy
  • Emptying and cleaning the fridge
  • Closing all sea-cocks and gas valves
  • Giving the engine a final run and then closing its raw water inlet sea-cock
  • Packing my full 40kg luggage allowance

Tony and Pat from UK yacht Full Flight invited me to join them for lunch.  We ate at a nice place in Serangan, a 15 minute drive away.  Both before and after lunch I helped Tony and Pat load and setup GoogleEarth charts in OpenCPN, and sold them my near-new spare USB GPS since theirs was unreliable.

Tomorrow morning I fly home to Perth and back to work.  It's great to have the boat 1000nm closer to home.  Looking forward to the next leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment