Today was my final day here, so it was spent sorting out the boat for its stay here for the next month or two:
- Finished cleaning and drying the cushions and upholstery
- Polishing stainless steel
- Rigging backup mooring lines
- Opening all lockers in the cabin and head so air can circulate
- Lifting all cushions off their bases so air can circulate
- Spraying dilute oil of cloves over anything liable to become mouldy
- Emptying and cleaning the fridge
- Closing all sea-cocks and gas valves
- Giving the engine a final run and then closing its raw water inlet sea-cock
- Packing my full 40kg luggage allowance
Tony and Pat from UK yacht Full Flight invited me to join them for lunch. We ate at a nice place in Serangan, a 15 minute drive away. Both before and after lunch I helped Tony and Pat load and setup GoogleEarth charts in OpenCPN, and sold them my near-new spare USB GPS since theirs was unreliable.
Tomorrow morning I fly home to Perth and back to work. It's great to have the boat 1000nm closer to home. Looking forward to the next leg!